Announced on Father’s Day in the US (of course), Dream Daddy is a dating simulator where you play as a Dad who wants to date other Dads.
This is, in a word, fantastic. Developed by Vernon Shaw and Leighton Gray through Game Grumps, who made sure to clarify that this is definitely, seriously happening. It’s being marketed as “this year’s most anticipated Dad-based game”, which is probably true, in an experience where you play as a single Dad who has just moved to a new neighborhood with his daughter, and it’s full of other single, hot, dateable Dads!
The real question is… which Daddy will you choose? There certainly seems to be a varied and diverse selection, including a ginger bear Daddy that has already stolen my heart.
There are a number of activities to take part in, according to the games Steam page.
- 7 dateable Dads
- Dad character creator – Create your Dadsona!
- Multiple endings per-Dad
- Voiced by the Game Grumps and friends
- Written by Vernon Shaw and Leighton Gray
- Artwork and pinups by Shanen Pae, J.N. Wiedle, Anna Pan, Tyson Hesse, Ellen Allsop, Evan Palmer, Ego Rodriguez, and many more!
- Original score by Jesse Cale
- Dad-themed mini and micro games throughout each date path
- So many Dad puns. Like, to the point where it made us all uncomfortable
As a lover of Dad puns and someone who often gets in trouble for making too many of them myself, this appeals to me on every fundamental level. Dating games have certainly been becoming more popular over recent years, with certain titles like Hatoful Boyfriend really finding an audience. Perhaps Dream Daddy could have the same success out of pure novelty alone. Check out the teaser trailer below!
Dream Daddy will be releasing on Steam July 13th, satiating thirsty cubs, boys, pups and daddy-lovers everywhere.