Ever wanted to be one of our writers and spend your days (and nights!) talking about video games?
Want opportunities to meet game developers, attend gaming events and report on the big gaming stories? What about having your opinions heard by thousands on radio on a weekly basis and read by other gamers online every day?
We’re looking for volunteers as writers/contributors! This is for either as a writer on Checkpointgaming.net or even potentially as a regular on our show, Checkpoint on JOY 94.9. The role is flexible regarding the amount of content you can contribute, so this is great for part time workers, students or even full time workers who are looking to do something creative on the side!
What are the expectations?
- Contribute on a weekly basis with news content as required
- Assist with reviewing upcoming releases from AAA and Indie developers
- Collaborate with other writers on unique featured content (with flexible deadlines)
What will we provide for you?
- Experience as a writer in a collaborative and interesting editorial environment
- Flexible working hours – write on your own terms!
- Access to video games provided to you for preview and review purposes
- Media access to key gaming events across Australia including EB Expo, PAX and more
- Learn from a dedicated team of writers and editors on how to craft creative, interesting content
- Exposure to some of the inner workings of the video games industry
If you’re interested, e-mail email@example.com and do the following:
1: Tell us why you want to be involved, including a bit about yourself and your writing experience (newcomers completely welcome!)
2: Include a sample news article and/or a sample review of a recent release
3: Tell us what current-gen consoles you own
You can be anywhere in Australia, but if you want to be involved in the radio side of things you’d need to be in Melbourne where the studio is based.
Please also understand that this is a volunteer role; we absolutely love what we do here at Checkpoint and have grown exponentially over the last few years. Join a dedicated, fun-loving team and grow with us!
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!