Ubisoft have announced update 1.8 entitled Resistance for Tom Clancy’s The Division and it will be arriving December 5th, 2017. Released back in March 2016, The Division has gone through numerous game changes since its initial launch to help keep the game balanced and its dedicated player base coming back for more.
Ubisoft are far from done when it comes to Tom Clancy’s The Division. Update 1.8 will launch on Xbox One, Windows PC, and PlayStation 4 and is being called the largest free update to hit The Division since it launched. First mentioned back in August, The Resistance update will see all of your enemies joining forces and headed to a new area called “The West Side Pier” in an attempt to try and take you down once and for all. The West Side Pier opens up a huge new section of map to play on which will include a new base of operations called “Camp Clinton” and several new activities to enjoy.
Along with the new Resistance PvE content there are also a two new game modes and other minor tweaks and fixes to the core game in Update 1.8.
New feature: Resistance
- The update introduces a new PvE game mode called ‘Resistance’ where factions are teaming up for the first time to fight against Division agents. Enemy NPCs continuously spawn in waves as the agents try to survive for as long as they can.
- This new PvE game mode takes place in three arenas in West Side Pier.
- Agents can start an event from the map or by walking to the arena locations in West Side Pier and initialising the event from there.
- Resistance Commendations have been added.
New feature: Skirmish
- In Skirmish, two teams of four agents compete against each other to get the highest number of kills before the timer expires. Teams earn points each time a downed enemy agent is eliminated.
- Agents can start a Skirmish session from the Last Stand matchmaking gate in the Base of Operations or Camp Clinton.
- PvP rank (previously called Last Stand rank) cap has been increased from 40 to 99. Last Stand and Skirmish both contribute to this progression.
- New PvP rank rewards have been added, including Classified Caches.
- Skirmish Commendations have been added.
Along with new guns and updated Dark Zone rules Update 1.8 looks to be jam packed full of goodness. To celebrate the launch of the Resistance update, Tom Clancy’s The Division will also be offering up players a free weekend from December 6 to December 10, so you can check out the game and see how it feels, this is designed to get new players interested in playing the game and tempt those who’ve stopped playing it to come back. For the full list of Patch notes and to keep up to date with what’s happening click here to head on over to the The Division website and as always check back in here with us at Checkpoint.