Just Cause 3’s latest DLC has just gone global – the second content pack from the Air, Land and Sea Expansion Pass is now available for download, and they’ve even spoilt us with an animated launch trailer (aren’t we just the luckiest gamers ever?)
The launch trailer which has just been released shows Just Cause’s signature penchant for destruction in a new animated style. Below you’ll see Rico’s mechanized loader punch a helicopter out of the sky. A tad dramatic but sure, we’ll roll with it.
The DLC, titled Mech Land Assault takes our hero Rico Rodriguez to the new island of Lacrima, home to an abandoned eDEN research base and a prison camp run by the mysterious Black Hand. Defended by huge powerful Mechs, Rico will need the new Bavarium Power Core rifle to disable their shields and hijack them. Once inside, Rico can use their powerful cannons and the GRIP Gravity Guns to hurl and smash the enemy into pieces.
- Pilot two types of powerful Mech and drive them anywhere in Medici. (Okay that’s pretty bad-ass)
- Unleash the Mech’s Gravitational Remote Influence Projector or “GRIP” to attract and hurl objects at your enemies.
- Jump and smash helicopters from the sky or ground pound tanks with the GRIPS’s “Force Pulse” attack.
- Prove your skills and earn upgrades in Mech arena challenges. (yay challenges!)
- Call in a Rebel Mech buddy for extra firepower when the going gets tough.
- Includes a powerful new energy weapon, the Bavarium Power Core rifle. (New weapons are always welcome)
From the looks of what you’ll get, the DLC might be worth grabbing now that it’s live. I dunno about you but altering gravity sounds pretty damn fun! This DLC seems to be filled to the brim with destruction and mayhem for you to rain down on your enemies (which seriously, more games desperately need)!
This is the 2nd last of the content packs available for Just Cause 3. The final content pack – Bavarium Sea Heist – will be released by the end of winter 2016, and if you were lucky enough to grab an Expansion Pass, you’ll get it a week early too!