Watch Dogs 2 has formally been announced, and that’s not all the good news to offer, it also has a release date and plot details.
The sequel will be based in the San Francisco Bay area, and will centre around a new upcoming hacker, Marcus Halloway (R.I.P Aiden Pearce, but who’s to say we’ve seen the last of him?).
The plot sees Marcus fall victim to ctOS 2.0 and framed for a crime he did not commit, placing him on the pathway to seek redemption and revenge.
To help along the way, players will gain access to Marcus’s hacking abilities to explore and hack the enormous electronical open world of Watch Dogs 2.
Paying homage to the original title’s gameplay, players will be able to take control of drones, cars, cranes, security robots, and much more. They can also expect to see the return of high intense car chases that require them to manipulate street lights and hack their surroundings to escape or take down enemies, as well the option to be a good saint to help clean up the streets from crime or be a public nuisance will most likely make a return.
Pre-orders for Watch Dogs 2 are now available and several editions have been revealed.
- Deluxe Edition includes the Game, an exclusive sleeve, a San Francisco Map, lithographs and the Deluxe pack of digital customization items.
- Gold Edition includes the Game, the Deluxe pack and the Season Pass.
- San Francisco Edition with its Collector’s box, includes the game, extra digital content: The Deluxe pack and Zodiac killer mission, the Marcus Figurine, SF-themed laptop stickers, lithographs, and a San Francisco Map.
- Exclusively on the Uplay shop, fans of the franchise can pre-order Wrench Junior Robot Collector’s Pack and The return of DedSec Collector’s Case. The return of DedSec Collector’s Case contains the Gold Edition and DedSec themed memorabilia including among other collector items, the DedSec art Marcus figurine, Marcus’ scarf and cap replica and an exclusive 64 page artbook.
- Wrench Junior Robot Collector’s Pack includes the Gold Edition and a 20cm replica of the ingame Wrench Junior robot, controlled by an app (Iphone or Android).
Players who pre-order any edition get an extra mission named Zodiac Killer: a copycat of the Zodiac Killer is murdering people and taunting the police with coded messages. Players have to decrypt the codes and hunt down the killer to complete the mission and get an additional exclusive outfit.
Watch Dogs 2 is scheduled to make its way to PS4, Xbox One and PC on November 15.