Upon hearing that the latest offering from Ghost Town Games is a budget title cooking game, laced with bad puns to boot, you’ll be forgiven for not getting too excited.
But a long overdue, fast paced, indie, couch co-op title? That may be worth a closer look.
While Overcooked can be played solo, the real pull of this title comes from engage in classic, chaotic couch co-op for up to four players in both co-operative and competitive challenge modes. Working as a team, you and your fellow chefs must prepare, cook and serve up a variety of tasty orders.
And despite the press release daring to announce ” Overcooked Sets Timer for Release. Romaine calm, it’s almost thyme” , the first of what i fear is many food puns, I cannot wait for it’s release on PC, PS4 and Xbox One on August 3.
In the campaign you’ll have to travel across space and thyme (literally, so they say) on your quest to become the ultimate top chef capable of saving the endangered Onion Kingdom! Take on a wide range of unusual kitchens including street festivals, pirate ships, food trucks, haunted houses, frozen realms, fiery volcanoes and outer space! You’ll have to cook a range of different dishes and work together in order to become the most effective and ultimate team.
If the art style seems familiar it may be the passing resemblance of ‘The Muppets’ Swedish Chef, or maybe due to the backing of the independent dev duo by Team17 , publishers behind the Worms franchise and hugely anticipated Yooka-Laylee, just to name a few.
· 28 standard campaign levels plus an additional introductory level and final boss to conquer!
· Local co-op play for 1 to 4 players across all campaign levels!
· 9 versus levels to go head to head locally with either 2 or 4 players
· A range of different and unusual kitchens to play across with different recipes to master, cook soup, burritos, burgers and fish and chips
· 14 different chefs to play as!
· 11 achievements to cook up