A recent press release distributed by Capcom has unveiled their plans to bring Mega Man to mobile devices. More specifically, the 6 original Mega Man games will be coming to both IOS and Android in January of 2017.
With the very first Mega Man originally releasing to the NES back in 1987, the arrival of Mega Man for mobile will also be the 30th anniversary celebration for the franchise. Each game will be sold individually and will come with a $1.99 price tag. According to the press release the 6 games have “been optimized for the mobile devices with adjustments to game speed.”The games being released include:
- Mega Man® Mobile – The evil Dr. Wily must be stopped in this classic action platformer, the original Mega Man!
- Mega Man® 2 Mobile – Dr. Wily resurfaces to threaten the world again! Only Mega Man can stand in his way.
- Mega Man® 3 Mobile – Fight berserk robots on uncharted planets. Mega Man must set a course for space to resolve this mysterious crisis.
- Mega Man® 4 Mobile – A year has passed since Mega Man’s battle in space. A new enemy appears — Dr. Cossack.
- Mega Man® 5 Mobile – Manic robots cause chaos in the city. How is Proto Man involved? Only Mega Man can find out!
- Mega Man® 6 Mobile – The Global Robot Alliance is formed, but this newfound peace is threatened by a new foe — the enigmatic Mr. X!
With the Mega Man franchise going untouched for so many years despite a big fan following, this decision by Capcom is most certainly intriguing. We can only hope that the little blue bomber feels at home on mobile devices.