March 3rd is rapidly approaching and Nintendo has confirmed that the Nintendo Switch eShop will be ready to go, with a complete lineup of downloadable indie games on launch.
This year, Nintendo will be home to more than 60 indie games, and three games will launch at the same time as the system.
- FAST RMX : Challenge your friends to local split-screen competition or take part in online races against players from all over the world. This lightning-fast anti-gravity racer is exclusive to Nintendo Switch.
- Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment : The latest DLC for the critically acclaimed hit Shovel Knight is a full-featured game starring Specter Knight, one of the enemies from the original game. The massive campaign includes even more content than the last DLC, Plague of Shadows. Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is exclusive to Nintendo Switch for a limited time
- Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove : For Shovel Knight’s biggest fans, Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove includes the original Shovel Knight game, as well as all previously released DLC – even Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment! Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove will be exclusive to Nintendo Switch for a limited time.
As well as the above, more info about the eShop has been revealed:
- People who already have funds in their accounts on other Nintendo devices can access them using a shared wallet that works on Nintendo Switch as well. Once you link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account, and then your Nintendo Account to your Nintendo Switch system, this functionality becomes possible.
- Virtual Console games will not be available on the Switch at launch, Nintendo are expected to release more information about this soon
- A news feature will offer updates about the latest additions to the Nintendo eShop, as well as providing information about upcoming games and other updates from Nintendo.
- To access the Nintendo eShop, a system update that will be available on launch day is required. The system update downloads in the background, is designed to install quickly and doesn’t disrupt gameplay.
After visiting the Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch for the first time, players can also purchase digital games on Nintendo.com and have them download automatically to their Nintendo Switch system at home or on the go, wherever there is a Wi-Fi connection.
The Nintendo Switch is only a week away with a March 3rd launch date.