With a brand new character being announced recently, and the latest competitive season in full swing, the Overwatch team have today revealed the latest patch notes, which are bound to shake up the current competitive meta.
Ana, everyone’s favourite Grandma, is getting a pretty serious nerf, as well as other characters getting a few tweaks too.
Let’s start with Ana, her Biotic Rifle damage has been decreased from 80 to 60, her Biotic Grenade impact damage reduced from 60 to 30, and its impact healing reduced from 100 to 50.
This is a pretty heavy change, and it will be interesting to see how it affects the current competitive season (With Ana being a common character in every match).
Blizzard has reverted some of the changes, including the big nerfs that would have affected Ana
The other changes aren’t as heavy, but still worth noting:
- No longer hurts himself from his own explosions. (Effect added to current passive: Total Mayhem)
- Magazine size lowered from 200 to 150
- Cost increased by 15%
- Sound effects and VO distance for entering and exiting Stealth reduced to 15 meters.
- Cooldown reduced from 6s to 4s
- Cooldown now starts when the barrier is placed, instead of when it ends
Orb of Destruction
- Alternate fire recovery reduced from 1s to 0.6s
Orb of Discord
- Can now target enemies through barriers
Are any of these changes going to affect your favourite heroes? Are you excited for Orissa? Let us know!