The powers of life and death are now yours to command as Blizzard launches closed beta tests for Diablo 3‘s new hero class, the Necromancer.
Blizzard announced yesterday that the beta test will be available by invitation only to ensure focused feedback and a smooth testing experience.
Additionally, Blizzard unveiled a full overview of the Necromancer’s skill trees, although it is to be noted that they are still under development and subject to change. The full ability overview can be found on Blizzard’s website, but I’ll take you through a quick summary.
The Necromancer’s primary abilities are:
- Bone Spikes – “Summon bone spikes from the ground dealing 150% weapon damage per second.”
- Siphon Blood – “Siphon the blood from the targeted enemy dealing 300% weapon damage. Siphon Blood heals you for 2% of your total health every second while channeled.”
- Grim Scythe – “Slash with a summoned Scythe in front of you dealing 150% weapon damage as Physical.”
Their secondary abilities are:
- Death Nova – “Unleash a Nova that deals 350% weapon damage to all enemies within 25 yards.”
- Bone Spear – “Summon a piercing bone projectile that causes 450% weapon damage to all enemies it passes through.”
- Skeleton Mage – “Raise a skeleton from the ground to attack your foes dealing 400% weapon damage per attack. Lasts 6 seconds.”
The rest of the skill trees have been dubbed:
- Blood & Bone
A full, detailed overview of the Necromancer’s active and passive skills can be found here.
Blizzard have not confirmed an exact date for the end of the beta test, but the Necromancer will be available in 2017.