Final Fantasy XV seems to be the gift that keeps on giving. Released in late 2016, with a steady roll-out of content through 2017, and now a MASSIVE new edition coming in 2018. Coming on March 6th, the Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition, is essentially a Game of the Year collection of the base game + all DLC. However, the Royal Edition is going one step further and packing the game out with some huge new updates. Check out the trailer and feature list below.
You can see the full plethora of new details on the game’s official website, but I’ve included the main bulletins below:
- An all-new dungeon – Insomnia City Ruins: Expanded Map
- New features such as first person mode, new gear, and new bosses.
- Armiger Unleashed — after you collect all 13 royal arms, a more action-oriented mode of the Armiger is unlocked
- Royal Vessel — the boat from FFXV is now a controllable vehicle. The same body of water (between Cape Caem and Altissia) can now be freely explored.
- All season pass content — Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades, and Episode Ignis.
- Over a dozen pieces of DLC, including weapons, Regalia car skins, and item sets.
Am I excited for the Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition? YES! Have I already paid full price for the game? YES! Have I already bought the DLC? YES! Does that change anything? NO! Personally, I am stoked that the team at Square Enix have honoured their commitment to continually improve the game and build upon the enchanting and wondrous world they created. The Royal Edition looks to pack in a tonne of great new content, and just look at that new box art.
We called Final Fantasy XV a “fantastic tale of magic and crystals, love and despair, kinship and broken bonds”. Check out our full review here.