If you’ve ever felt nostalgic for the good old days of fluoro and big hair then do we have the game for you! Crossing Souls, an upcoming action-adventure video game in development by Spain-based indie studio Fourattic and publisher Devolver Digital is now in its final stage after a successful Kickstarter campaign back in 2014.
Controlling five characters: Chris, Matt, Charlie, Big Joe and Kevin, each has their own unique skills and combat style. Fight in real-time combats, solve diverse puzzles, beat powerful bosses and play special levels inspired by 80’s arcade videogames – so get ready because you’ll finally be putting your Frogger and Pac-Man skills to the test it seems.
It’s 1986 in California, a group of friends discover a mysterious pink stone that allows to travel between two realms. This gang will live the summer of their lives in an adventure that will get them involved in a government conspiracy. Control five kids with specials skills while fighting and solving puzzles in order to save their families and the world.
Crossing Souls Key Features
- Feel the eighties – Do you feel that? Do you smell that? Yeah, it’s the eighties. A story set in 1986 full of references such as The Goonies, Gremlins, Back to the Future and many more.
- Do you like Cartoons? – The cutscenes are inspired by 80’s cartoons, totally original and never seen before in a videogame.
- Why is this happening? – Be part of a journey between two realms, two realities: life and death. The story includes a government conspiracy, thousand-year-old characters, cowboys, pirates, ice cream, pizza, cheeseburgers, basketball… well, you got it.
- This music rocks! – An original score that includes tracks inspired by John Williams and Jerry Goldsmith as well as radical Synth-Pop in the purest 80’s style. Play as if it was one of your favorite movies!
- Ready? Fight! – You can kick multiple enemies in the ass stylishly. Fight against street gangs, a secret army, dead monsters, creepy ghosts and many more in frantic real-time combats where a good strategy will be essential to win. Main characters have unique talents and aptitudes.
Whilst the Crossing Souls video game itself has been in development for the last few years, its great to see that after much waiting by its dedicated and patient backers there’s finally a release date announced of February 13th 2018 (yes that’s less than a couple of weeks!) along with a behind the scenes video which has just been released giving you all the insight into the process that has gone into making this wonderful little indie title.
This game looks truly amazing and I for one think it’s going to have been worth the wait. Crossing Souls will be available on Steam on Windows PC, Mac, Linux and PlayStation4. For more information on Crossing Souls you can head on over to their website here.