It’s time to get your butt off that couch and make your way out to your closest game retailer as Nintendo and Pokémon have announced their latest monthly distribution event! This time around players will have the opportunity to catch themselves a Legendary from the Kalos Region. With either the Life Pokémon Xerneas, a Fairy Type, or the Destruction Pokémon Yveltal, a Dark/Flying Type, up for grabs. You’d have to be Zu-batty to miss out on this fabulous pair of Legendries from the Pokémon X and Y Aura Trio.
Depending on which game you possess, either Sun, Moon, or their Ultra sequels, will determine the Legendary Pokémon you will receive, their move sets, levels, and held items. Speaking from a technical standpoint, receiving these two on either Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon would be more advantageous since they come with better moves, at a higher level, and with a Gold Bottle Cap. That being said, both Xerneas and Yveltal are powerful Pokémon whether at level 60 or level 100, so it makes little difference in the end.
Once you have picked up your code from EB Games / GameStop, you’ll need to follow a set of instruction (shown below). Be sure that your console is charged and the internet is strong as a bad connection may cause issues.
How to get Xerneas or Yveltal for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon:
- Open your Pokémon Sun and Moon or Ultra Sun and Moon game.
- Select Mystery Gift on the main menu.
- Select Receive Gift.
- Select Get with Code/Password, then Yes, then Yes again to connect to the internet.
- Enter your serial code obtained from your local game retailer.
- Watch as you receive your gift.
- Resume the game, make sure you have an empty space in your party, and speak to the delivery person in any Pokémon Center.
- Make sure to save your game.
According to Nintendo the next distribution event will be Dragon/Ground type Zygarde of the Kalos and Alolan region. While it is not known how it will be made available just yet, it will be readily able to transform into its three forms, granted players have the items required to activate its 10%, 50%, and Complete form transformation.