Today, SEGA has unveiled Team Sonic Racing, a new racing experience created by Sumo Digital releasing later this year.
Fans will be able to race through the Sonic Universe as their favourite characters including Sonic, Shadow, Tails and more while battling their opponents. A competitive arcade style racing game with unique vehicle customisation options, the game will be releasing on PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch, plus digital release for PC. Check out the reveal trailer!
Key features of Team Sonic Racing include:
- Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes – 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline/online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
- Team Racing – Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
- Performance & Skin Customisation – Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle.
- Wisps – 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
- Adventure Mode – Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
- Various Characters and Types – 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power.
There has been evidence that Sumo Digital were working on a kart racer, and now we have that confirmation. Team Sonic Racing will launch later this year on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC. For more information, head to the official website.