Nicalis announced that the upcoming crossover fighter Blade Strangers will release in the West on August 28, 2018, just a couple of days before the Japanese release. As seen in the trailer the game will certainly be a colourful experience and a fighter that will keep gamers entertained for hours on end.
Developed by Studio Saizensen, Blade Strangers will embrace the traditional four-button control scheme. The reasoning behind this being that it offers a level of accessibility to new players, while still providing advanced gamers opportunities to discover new tactics as they play. They aim to provide a unique gaming experience that combines on-on-one fighting with a high quality look that is expected of a next-gen game.
Blade Strangers will come jam packed with several modes to keep players occupied for hours, and will have mix of online and offline options, including:
- Story Mode – experience each character’s unique story
- Arcade Mode – pick a character and win matches to advance
- Challenge Mode – complete various skill challenges for each of the characters
- Survival Mode – battle against a barrage of CPU-controlled opponents
- Versus Mode – fight against friends or the CPU (with “standby” option)
- Online Modes – create or search for rooms and engage in Stealth, Casual or League matches
- Tutorial – for new players to learn the basics
- Training – practice moves and combos to hone skills (with “standby” option)
- Other Features – online leaderboards, screen view and control customization, player profiles, stat tracking, unlockable items (character colors, portraits, special titles)
The battle roster found within Blade Strangers is quite diverse and includes fighters from such games as The Binding of Isaac, Code of Princess EX, Azure Sticker Gunvolt, and Shovel Knight.
Blade Strangers releases in the West on August 28, 2018 for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC. It’ll release in Japan on August 30 for PS4 and Switch.