Founded in 2011 as an indie games marketing consultancy and is celebrating its fifth anniversary as a publishing label this month, Surprise Attack Games has renamed themselves to Fellow Traveller. Among their best known titles are indie hits Hacknet, Orwell and Screencheat, and the company was founded by former THQ executive Chris Wright after the closure of developers Blue Tongue and THQ Studio Australia.
Fellow Traveller has emerged with a new focus: funding, supporting and publishing unusual games, especially those with narrative at their core. I hope this means we can expect some homegrown Aussie goodness for years to come! Check out their announcement video below.
The company states, “We are passionate about the vast and untapped potential of games as a medium. It is our mission to seek out and support the developers and artists pushing at the boundaries of games and to travel with them on their journey into uncharted territory, helping bring their creations into the world and connecting them with players looking for something different”.
News like this always brings a smile to my face, as it means more great games coming from our own backyard. Fellow Traveller is launching with a slew of discounts across of their games on multiple platforms, including Steam, GOG.com, Humble Store, PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch.
Discounted Fellow Traveller titles:
- Hacknet (PC)
- Hacknet: Labyrinths (PC)
- Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You (PC)
- Orwell Season 2: Ignorance is Strength (PC)
- FRAMED Collection (PC)
- FRAMED Collection (Switch)
- Screencheat (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
- Vertiginous Golf (PC)
- Fort Meow (PC)
- Dungeon League (PC)
- Super Mutant Alien Assault (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
- Think of the Children (PC)
- Western Press (PC, Xbox One)
There are a solid number of new games on the horizon for Fellow Traveller as well, listed below. Of particular interest to me personally in Neo Cab; I cannot wait to see more!
Fellow Traveller’s upcoming slate of games:
• The Stillness of the Wind, from Lambic Studios, Q3 2018
• Blind, from Tiny Bull Studios, Q3 2018
• Unannounced game, Q3 2018
• Neo Cab, from Chance Agency, Q1 2019
• The Invisible Hand, from Power Struggle Games, Q1 2019
• Unannounced game, Q1 2019
• Unannounced game, Q2 2019
• In Other Waters, from Jump Over the Age, Q1 2020
• Genesis Noir, from Feral Cat Den, Q1 2020
What are you waiting for? Go show your support by grabbing a few indie gems! Hurry, the sale ends July 30th, 2018!