At the HyperX Esports Arena in Las Vegas yesterday, ZeniMax Online Studios finally announced their plans for this year’s expansion of Elder Scrolls Online. The new chapter, titled Greymoor, is set in the world of Western Skyrim and is the 2nd part of the year-long Dark Heart of Skyrim expansion. More than 900 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, an ancient vampire lord comands an army of undead horrors and has transformed the once-idyllic land into a nightmare.
It’s not just more story, either. There’s new areas to explore, added gameplay systems, and new World Events. If you’de like to hear more, the creative team behing the expansion talked at length in a twitch stream yesterday. Here’s everything the Greymoor chapter promises:
- The gigantic new zone of Western Skyrim, plus an expanded version of the creepy Blackreach cavern. Combined, this is ESO’s largest zone yet.
- An epic main story quest line with around 30 hours of new adventures that ties into the Dark Heart of Skyrim adventure, plus tons of new side quests and exploration.
- Antiquities: this new system features two skill lines and will challenge players to travel beyond Western Skyrim and across Tamriel to recover lost artifacts to uncover the world’s hidden history and unlock powerful and fun rewards for all types of players.
- A challenging new 12-player Trial: Kyne’s Aegis.
- New World Events: gather you friends to take on the magical Harrowstorms.
- A vast amount of unique Delves, Public Dungeons, and standalone quests, as well as a host of performance updates and quality-of-life improvements.
The next two parts of Dark Heart of Skyrim will be released in Q3 and Q4 this year. The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor will release for PC and Mac on May 18, while Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users will need to wait until June 2.