Ubisoft has been very generous with information about Assassin’s Creed Valhalla over the last few weeks. Firstly with their live stream of BossLogic’s artwork and then with a first look trailer. Today on the Inside Xbox live stream a short gameplay teaser was shown.
Coming in at only just under a minute, it may not have been the trailer some fans were hoping for, but it did reveal the following:
- Inside footage of Eivor’s home in Norway. It seems to rest upon a mountain and has detailed engravings along the interior. It also shows a number of candles which adds warmth to the darkness inside the structure.
- Male protagonist Eivor’s impressive chest tattoos. Customisation of elements of your character such as tatts, beards and hair is a new feature.
- The Viking longships sailing, possibly to England. Ashraf Ismail, the games creative director, disclosed that the world’s map will not be the biggest in the franchise’s history. Instead it will include a region of Norway and players will also be able to explore four English kingdoms.
- A bird is shown flying over the longships as they sail. This doesn’t look like the AC’s signature eagle that has aided players. Instead it looks like a a crow, which Vikings saw as the God Odin. Crows were also a big feature in the Valhalla trailer.
- A montage scene of England, including Stonehenge, which Ubisoft confirmed you can visit in the game.
- Eivor rallying his troops using a Viking war horn. This may be something that players themselves can use to get their crew fighting!
- Eivor twirling and throwing two small axes. Two wielded weapon combos are another new gameplay feature. From what I could see, it looks as if these axes, once thrown, will return to the player.
- Still no sign of the female protagonist. This to be honest, is disappointing.