LudoNarraCon, the free digital convention celebrating everything narrative games, is back for another year in April. Organised by indie label Fellow Traveller, the digital convention will take place from the 24th until the 27th of April 2020, and will take place entirely on Steam. Throughout the event, Fellow Traveller aims to exhibit a range of new and upcoming narrative-driven games to game creators and players alike, both from independent studios and from their own catalogue.
The first ever edition of LudoNarraCon took place last year on Steam, and saw more than 160,000 viewers visit the LudoNarraCon event page. In 2019, more than twenty game creators exhibited their titles via their digital Steam storefront pages, and fans got the opportunity to play demos, watch interviews with creators and publishers, and watch panels on everything to do with narrative gaming on a dedicated Steam event page. Last year, panels delved into topics like writing for short games, framing death or romance in narrative games, and how to create a narrative through procedural storytelling.
Just like in 2019, the 2020 online LudoNarraCon panels, events and interviews will be recorded and streamed on a loop throughout the period of the event, both on a dedicated Steam event page and through participating game storefront pages. This format will give viewers the chance to tune in and watch panels whenever and wherever they’d like. So far more than thirty narrative game titles are set to be exhibited at LudoNarraCon 2020, including;
- Boyfriend Dungeon (Kitfox Games)
- Chinatown Detective Agency (General Interactive Co.)
- The Church in the Darkness (Paranoid Productions)
- Eliza (Zachtronics)
- Genesis Noir (Feral Cat Den)
- Heaven’s Vault (Inkle)
- Hypnospace Outlaw (No Mora Robots)
- In Other Waters (Jump over the Age)
- Mutazione (Die Gute Fabrik)
- Neo Cab (Chance Agency)
- Not Tonight (PanicBarn)
- Paradise Killer (Kaizen Game Works)
- She Dreams Elsewhere (Studio Zevere)
- Solace State (Vivid Foundry Corp.)
- Sometimes Always Monsters (Vagabond Dog)
- The Stillness of The Wind (Memory of God)
- Suzerain (Torpor Games)
- Tangle Tower (SFB Games)
- Telling Lies (Sam Barlow, Furious Bee Limited)
- Wayward Strand (Ghost Pattern)
- Welcome to Elk (Triple Topping)
- Yes Your Grace (Brave At Night)
Steam will also be hosting a special LudoNarraCon sale, giving you the chance to pick up some exhibited games at a discounted price!
Keen to know more about LudoNarraCon, or keen to register? Check out the LudoNarraCon website for more information.